Wednesday 6 June 2012

Change In Postage Charges

Hello! 

Well the Jubilee festivities are over (and I personally am knackered!!!) and everyone is back to work.  I will post about the Jubilee event I took part in, but for now I am posting about a change in my postage charges.

If you have ordered from me before you will have been charged a flat rate of £6 for UK postage and £11 for EU and International postage regardless of weight of the parcel.  I have always sent parcels fully insured and by the fastest service possible.  I have always shipped this way as if a parcel goes missing in the post, as they sometimes do, I can claim back the cost of the items sent should anything go awry.  You may be aware that in April UK postage prices were raised.  This means I am unfortunately no longer able to absorb the extra cost in my margin.

So I have devised a staggered postage cost system:

£4.50 - Standard UK 1st Class Delivery
£8.50 - UK Special Delivery (fully insured, guaranteed next day delivery, trackable)
£11.00 - EU and International Shipping
£24.00 - EU and International Express Shipping (fully insured, express service, trackable)

The main difference is that you will now have to pay a little more to get guaranteed next day delivery, and for your items to be fully insured.  This means it is your responsibility should your package go missing in the post, unless you pay for the fully insured, trackable option.

In a way this is a good thing as now, if you are UK based, you can choose to pay only £4.50 instead of £6.00.  So every cloud has a silver lining :)

In other BBL news, if you pre ordered The Black Nell Robe in either a Medium or Large, you should be getting them through the post veryyyyyy soon :).  If you ordered in Small fear not, yours will be with me soon and I shall let you know when I have them!!!

Photos of Jubilee funness to come soon I promise!

Lots of Love
Betty xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment